While I have contributed to a few Jetpack releases in the past, Jetpack 4.1 is the first release where I have contributed a significant amount of work.
The past couple of months I have worked hard on refreshing the Single Sign On (SSO) module. SSO makes it as easy as clicking a button to log in to a self-hosted WordPress site!
Personally, this was an exciting release for me, but I’m stoked for the next two releases. We have some great UI and performance updates coming.
Check it out
Jetpack 4.1 dropped today. You can check out the release post for more information, or just head to your dashboard to update to the latest.
Jetpack 4.1 is here and it’s packed with performance improvements, new features, improvements to existing features, and bug fixes!
Join our amazing team
While I did have the opportunity to write most of the SSO code for the release, the SSO refresh in 4.1 was only possible because of the amazing team we have.
- Rick Banister and Michael Arestad provided mocks as well feedback on the UX and UI.
- Brandon Kraft provided lots of feedback, pointed out old issues as well as conflicts with other plugins, and even created a core patch to add more actions to the login form.
- Jeremy Herve did a ton of work getting the release ready.
- The entire division participated in pre-release testing.
- My team reviewed my code and listened to my complaining.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’re always hiring.