A few weeks ago, Beau Lebens updated the Keyring Social Importers plugin and also released a plugin called People & Places. I use these plugins to import all of my Instagram pictures and then to tag each Instagram picture.
Taking this foundation, I was able to easily create a plugin to map all of the places where I’ve taken Instagram pictures. You can see that code here:
Here are some rough steps to get this going.
- Install/activate Keyring
- Install/activate Keyring Social Importers
- Install/activate People & Places
- Setup connection to Instagram and import pictures
- Install/activate Places Map Shortcode
- Create a Google Maps API key here: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials
- In any post or page, you can use
Here’s an idea of what it’ll look like: